Why do Scenery Objects change color?

When placing many boxes some are more green than others, why does this color change occur?

P.S I also wrote a long long long forum post which was my first, and I’m wondering if after its confirmed it will be posted or its gone?

P.S I also wrote a long long long forum post which was my first, and I’m wondering if after its confirmed it will be posted or its gone?

Everybody’s first post needs to be manually approved before they’re shown publicly; yours was in the queue!

When placing many boxes some are more green than others, why does this color change occur?

Without a screenshot it can be hard to tell, but there are two possibilities I can see; first, every game region has a ‘tint’, and everything inside that region draws with that tint. (You can change the tint in the region information window, just clicking on the ground within the region)

Second, each scenery prop placed gets a slightly random color, in addition to the tint. But this is pretty subtle and you probably wouldn’t even notice it if you weren’t looking for it; it’s just trying to keep things from looking too obviously the same!

1 Like

This is what I mean but it has the same effect on many other scenery objects as well, such as the spiked wall, where one would be its normal color and then place down another one that is tinted green. I’m not sure if this is intended but could there be a way to cycle what color scenery we could be getting?

Also I just found something interesting out, after saving closing the game and reloading the colors have changed.

2nd Load Save

3rd Load Save

I did this test again with the spiked walls reloading the game.

Initial load

1st Save and Load up

So I could continue this experiment but the results are consistent, objects colors change with every save, and the green hue on objects are consistent, no matter where or how I place them onto the map

1 Like