When will we get the next big update

Does that mean we’re getting closer to updating party systems?

The party systems are mostly what I’m working on now! There’s still a fair bit of work to be done, but I’m trying to get things in place and working by the end of next week (around August 14th). Obviously I can’t make any guarantees about that, but that’s what I’m trying to accomplish!

1 Like

Thanks trevor for your effort.Hopefully we’ll be able to experience the new version soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello!

First of all, love the game! Really looking forward to some new functionalities for abilities, I’ve understood the party update will introduce healing other players. Will it include any other skill functionality, like movement speed slows, DoTs, buffs of any kind? Are there any plans to introduce things like that in the future?

Also, since August 14 was almost a month ago at this point, is there any new ETA for the party update?

Take care of yourself and good job so far with the game!

Hi, @Skramslam!

It feels like I’ve been banging my head on the Party Update for ages; it just turned out to be a lot more technically challenging than I expected, and a combination of having been working on the game full time and nonstop for the last eight months, combined with the extreme Covid lockdown where I live has just sort of left me feeling kind of exhausted and less productive than usual. I’ve been telling myself for at least the last month that once the Party Update goes up, I’m going to take a week’s vacation (stuck at home because lockdown, but not coding) before getting back into development work.

With that said, the good news is that I’m pretty confident that I’ll have the first build with Parties enabled up on Steam’s “test” branch tomorrow. That’s not the full Party Update, but it’ll be the first build where players can actually form parties and adventure together.

I’m fully expecting that folks running the test build will find some major bugs that need fixing, so the real Party Update would be at least a couple days later, once I’ve sorted out those bugs, whatever they turn out to be!

RE: new combat ability types, those won’t be part of the Party Update, but they’re definitely something I’ve been thinking about a lot, and will be coming at some point in between Party and Dungeon updates. I haven’t fully planned out what new features fit between Party and Dungeon yet; I’ll get onto that once Party actually goes! (and once I’ve had some time off to get my brain functioning properly again!)

I can definitely sympathize with being unproductive during covid, whether youre in lockdown or just self-isolating! No point in pushing yourself about this really, nobody will thank you if you burn out! You do it in your time, I think I speak for many players when I say that I’d rather have well made content a little later than shitty content a little sooner!

Good luck!

1 Like

Just to add on, you’re amazing Trevor, and I love the game a lot. Take all the time you need, and make sure to care for yourself during this crazy time. You’re doing amazing work and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for MMORPG Tycoon 2.

P.S. You seriously rock Trevor.

2 Likes