What are you playing at the moment?

I actually haven’t been playing too much, recently; my time mostly goes into development at the moment, and (more recently) into teaching myself enough javascript and css to set up websites!

I do still seem to find time for one or two matches of Overwatch most evenings. (I like to play using Pharah, Winston, and Tracer. But my stats say that I’ve spent the vast majority of my time as Lucio)

I used to play rather a lot of SpyParty, about which I can’t say enough good things. Very clever competitive two-player game of stealth and detection that really should get itself onto Steam one of these days. I’ve felt like I haven’t had enough time to keep my teeth sharp, though, so I’ve kind of drifted away, lately.

I also stare longingly at the new Monster Hunter game. I wish I had the leisure time to actually play it, but I know from experience how MT2 developmetn stopped for a month or two when I got hooked in the previous one. That’s not going to happen again, but it still beckons me from my 3DS.

Also beckoning me from my 3DS is the new Phoenix Wright game. And Zero Time Dilemma, both of which I’ve been looking forward to anxiously for years, and now that they’re here, I just… kind of… haven’t even felt like I need to go and look at them? I’m sure I’d love them, but… there are only so many hours in a day, right?

What I have been playing is a bunch of free stuff on itch.io. For a while I thought I was going to arrange MMORPG Tycoon 2’s testing sessions through their Refinery service, and so set everything up to distribute through their portal. And as I was testing that, I saw all the cool little free experimental games available through them, and… so probably most of my game-playing time lately has been spent, five or ten minutes at a time, on a whole series of games from there.

Of course, I’ve also been looking at various tycoon games, just as reference materials. That’s work, though, and doesn’t actually count as “playing games”, right? :wink:

1 Like

I have been playing a bit of overwatch as it was free to play this weekend. I was surprised how similar to Team fortess 2 it is. Good game but dont think it would hold me long term.

I have been enjoying No Mans Sky alot the game has been a little decisive but I am happy with it and am looking forward to future updates.

OSU! has made its way back into my life and I have been enjoying playing Rimworld. Dont get me started on mobile gaming I wonder how I actually manage to get things done and make it to work.

I’ve heard good things about Overwatch! Personally I’m not into super into competitive games (I usually verse the bots) but I’ve managed to try Overwatch during the beta and again just last weekend on my PlayStation 4 (free weekend). Really fast paced and fun game especially on a team with friends.

Lately, between work and uni, I’ve been playing a whole bunch of Fallout New Vegas. I’ve been practically obsessed with the fallout franchise and I figured it’d been years since I last played NV, thus I could replay it with a (relatively) fresh experience. The fallout games are always great to fall back on after a while. Skyrim too, I’ve restarted skyrim countless times but always get too carried away to actually complete it. During my most recent play-through I’ve been using the Game of Thrones overhaul mod (which is incredible for the fans of the series) so I’ve been enjoying that from time to time.

Managed to grab Gat Outta Hell a few weeks back when it was free for Playstation Plus Members. Playing through with a friend of mine and I’ve got to say the Saints Row series has turned out genuinely hilarious, I don’t think a video game’s ever made me laugh so much.

Occasionally, when I’m feeling sociable, I’ll play garry’s mod (either jailbreak, murder. TTT or a roleplay server). Other than that, I have gaming sessions with people I know usually on Sundays and Wednesdays playing either a modded version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, ARMA 3 or Hidden.

Well, uh, WoW: Legion came out. So there’s that. At two weeks in, I’d say it’s started off strong, but then, so did Warlords. Unfortunately, they brought forward one of the most despised mechanics from that expansion (the mission table), and their storytelling is still stuck with some unfortunate legacies. On the bright side, said mechanic is greatly downplayed, and as of last week can now be managed via a mobile app. That was often requested last time around, but I’m still impressed that we got it. And for all of the story’s faults, they’ve made legitimate progress on many of the complaints they’ve received over the last few years, and with the closure of so many '90s-era story arcs looming, I think they can really step it up… though I admit I’m hard-pressed to imagine much in terms of where the story could go. I find it difficult to imagine more than one or two expansions left in the game.

WoW’s also stolen my Overwatch time. I imagine I’ll find myself over there soon enough, once my guildmates and I have chewed through enough of the launch content.

I’ve been making intermittent progress at clearing Dishonored off of my backlog, which I’d like to have done by the time the sequel shows up. Distracting me from all of that are some recent IndieBox titles, mostly Moon Hunters and The Stanley Parable. The former was on hold pending an update to the keybinding menu (which should now be fixed), and I managed to never play the latter, and I suppose I’m out of excuses. Oh! And at some point I need to hit that Metroid 2 remake that briefly reared its head before getting lawyered.

As somebody who’s making a game about MMORPGs…

I’m… not actually playing any MMORPGs right now. That’s probably a big mistake on my part. I really ought to be keeping-up on what’s new and exciting in that arena. But it takes so much time, trying to stay current with everything going so fast… I’ve missed the last two WoW updates.

I haven’t been playing much at the moment, but I do have a few gaming projects going on. I’ve been slowly playing through Danganronpa 2 and Megadimension Neptunia VII, and I still have to go for the more time consuming Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 achievements. I plan to go for full completion in all of them, so it’s gonna take a while.

I’ve also been playing No Man’s Sky on and off, but I’m waiting for them to fix the bugs and stuff before dedicating myself to it any further than that. I may start playing something else in the near future, but I haven’t decided what quite yet.

Just got drawn back into GuildWars 2, but that happens periodically no matter what.

I’ve been playing the heck out of Forza Horizon 3 since it came out, and even upgraded my video card to make the PC experience more wonderfuller, but things have gotten busy of late and I haven’t been back as mush as I’d like. Also I’m waiting for friends to catch up with me.

I keep dropping in on Mini Metro, which I fell in love with the first time I saw it. And I’m enjoying returning time and again to Firetop Mountain…

Oh, and Train Conductor World is seriously burning my mobile battery, lately.