Lazy players sitting in level 1 zones...

Guys, first of all, I love this game concept, I saw what’s coming in the next future and it sounds great. I’m new to the game, played it with enjoyment for 10 hours, but I struggle with one thing in particular. I watched many guides, tutorials, and still can’t find a solution.

This is my third game and I still can’t manage to attract players in my level 2 zone. I built a whole city there, monsters areas, quest givers, and from time to time, one guys goes there just to leave moments later without even considering the quest giver next to him. I have a bunch of level 2 players, but they all stay in the lower level zone, and will soon unsuscribe. The content is there, but they don’t care.

I created a NPC who’s only purpose is to send players to that zone. I put guards everywhere to help players. Doesn’t work. I now plan to create a new game, again, to make two or three level 1 zones, connected with a level 2 zone. Will that work ? How do you make your players massively travel to the higher level zones ? I’m tired of restarting new games just to fail, again and again.

Thanks for your answers.

1 Like

Hi! Have either of you made sure there’s a connecting path between your zones, enough quests and monsters for your players to level up, and enough players who are level two to go to your level two zone? You’ll notice that you’ll likely always have more level one players than level two and so on, just because that’s how the game naturally progresses!

You can also have a quest giver offer a quest to report to an NPC in the next level. If that quest has a higher-than-usual XP (say, double), then the users will find it particularly appealing.