General Information - Read Me First!

• What is MMORPG Tycoon 2?

MMORPG Tycoon 2 is a single-player game about building an MMORPG, and keeping a playerbase happy. You’re responsible for designing the world, the game itself, the player classes, the monsters… and for keeping your business profitable, all while keeping cheating and griefers under control. (Or not! It’s really up to you. :slight_smile: )

• When will it be released?

Right now, this is a “It will be released when it’s done” sort of answer, but the plan is to be ready for early access in mid-2017.

• Can I help?

There are lots of things you can do to help! Probably the thing we need most right now is awareness; if you tell friends about us, that’s probably the most valuable thing of all at this stage. In the near future we’ll be putting out calls for more testers, and if you’re willing to help out with that, that’d be fantastic as well!

• Who can I speak to?

The best person to talk to (at least regarding MMORPG Tycoon 2) is me. Hi! I’m Trevor Powell; I’ve been making video games professionally since 1998, and have worked at many big-name games studios, before finally going independent a few years ago, to work on this game. If you want to get in contact, you can send me a private message here on this forum, or drop me an email at my name at mmorpgtycoon.com, or tweet me @vectorstorm.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for coming on this journey with me!

1 Like

Time to change that old “mid-2017” I thinks

1 Like

I probably should have changed it several months back, when production difficulties first came up! I just always thought that they were temporary, and that things would get back to normal within a few weeks, and… they just didn’t. Nobody’s fault except mine.

I’m currently trying to reach a strong alpha build toward the end of this year… but I can’t really commit to that until some of the production issues have been resolved. The original artist has become much less available, which means that very little new artwork has gone in in a while… I’ve been talking with an ex-colleague of mine for the past few weeks, who may help take over an “Art Director” or “Lead Artist” role, or part of them. I’m crossing my fingers! But nothing’s definite yet.

There are a couple other things in the works, too. I’m hoping to have updated plans I can announce before the end of the month!

1 Like