Flight path mechanics

Are there any hidden mechanics that govern whether or not people use flight paths? I have some set up but hardly anyone uses them. Is this just bc I don’t have anywhere they want to travel to? Or does my game need to get more popular first (I only have one zone if that helps)

1 Like

Good question and while i dont have the answers i do have some insigths in what might cause them to take a flight path or not.

I THINK(!!) that the decision to take a flight path or not depends (at least partly) on the destination. I have a 2 way flight path in my game. It moves from the main town (A) to a monster zone in the same region (B). From A —> B, it never gets used. But B ----> A, gets used all the time. This makes me think they want to use flight paths more when they complete quests or want to log out. While travelling to a monster zone/ POI for a quest, seems to have decreased chance of using the flight path.

I have 1 pretty long flightpath that requires IRL money, but that seems to completely discourage players from using it.

1 Like

I went way too overboard with FP so I’ll try to narrow it down to a few to see if they use it more, especially if it’s cheaper. I’m most curious about whether or not they like FP as they were in Classic wow (one per zone) or Modern wow (4-6 per zone)

1 Like