I thought I’d give my feedback about the experience in the first 5-10 minutes, some of this aligns with other feedback that I’ve seen.
These are in no particular order
- That loading screen is awesome
- The first quest, to add a respawn point, tells you to click the Edit button, which does not exist
- The animated cursor is really cool, but for some reason I find it hard to control - perhaps it has different acceleration to my normal cursor, or it’s an optical illusion that messes with my mind!
- Roads - I went to place a road and couldn’t figure out how to ‘complete’ the road. I tried right click, escape, middle click, etc - all before trying double click. I guess I got lucky placing the fibre because it only requires one click when connecting two objects.
- Roads - The first place I tried to put a road showed it in yellow/brown, but since I’d never placed a road before I didn’t know that it was ‘illegal’ and couldn’t work out what was going on. Perhaps put a red cross through the cost, or some other feedback to combine to indicate it’s not allowed? Or just explain it in the tutorial.
- Requests - some of the requests take a long time to complete, even after doing the required steps. Placing the Starting Point didn’t end the quest for what felt like 10+ seconds, long enough that I was considering deleting it and placing another one.
- The player character models are awesome, love the wizards!
- The UI seems a bit slow on my computer, will try turning off some of the effects to see if it is a PC speed thing, or an actual UI speed thing.
- Huge waves of “UNSUB” rising from my users is disheartening Maybe my MMORPG wasn’t quite ready for release when I launched it
I’ve played up to the point where I need to get two players to level 2 - I’ve placed some quests, monsters, etc - and left it running for a few days of game time, but even after 5 days I only have 1 user leveled up - so I’m looking for another request tip to help me along.