Developers aren't fixing bug

Issue: the devs stopped fixing bugs
Crash (y/n): no
Platform (Windows/Mac/Linux): windows 8
Description: i have 20 devs and eventhough almost all of the buildings have 100 bugs they do nothing.

Interesting… your developers aren’t going out to fix the issues, apparently.

First thing: Can you verify that there’s a respawn point in that region with the buggy buildings? If there isn’t one, then the devs might feel like they’re unable to reach the buildings… (I assume that there is one, because the same problem would presumably be there for GMs as well, but it’s worth asking just to make sure).

If so, could you send me a copy of the save? trevor at vectorstorm.org.

Assuming that you’re running on a recent Windows, the save game will be located in your user directory, inside: C:\users\<your_username>\AppData\Roaming\VectorStorm\MMORPG Tycoon 2\save\ARCHE\autosave. It’s just that ‘autosave’ file I need. (If it’s large, it’s probably worth zipping it before sending, but I can make do with whatever. :slight_smile: )

i can confirm that there is a respawn point it is behind the developer managment window.

Here’s the save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpaieumtba2rexi/autosave.rar?dl=0

Not sure what’s going on; the bug counts are quite reasonable in that save.

I notice that the save file is from about 5PM on Day 1, while your screenshot is showing that it’s early on Day 10.

The game only replaces the ‘Autosave’ save when you quit to the main menu or quit the whole game, so if the game was still running when you sent that file, it hadn’t picked up the changes since your last save. Can you check your saves to find one which shows the problem?

“Autosave” is saved on quit. The “Periodic” saves are saved every 5 minutes of play time. Any of those should do, if they contain the behaviour you’re seeing. :slight_smile:

i don’t know why i does that it says it got updated today while the save it actualy loads is from a couple of days ago

here’s the most recent save file that i myself made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmw7qbka77xfkwl/5.rar?dl=0

Found the issue!

There’s an “activate building” job in the queue for a building in your third region (the level 4 one). Developers want to do that job next (as it’s the job which has been in the queue for the longest), but there’s no graveyard in that region, and so they abort. And then they try again, and again, aborting at the last moment each time.

So, the easy fix for you is to put a graveyard somewhere in that third region; that’ll unstick your developers and get you going again.

On my side, I need to make sure that that sort of problem doesn’t keep the developers from doing other jobs which they are capable of doing, and I need to communicate that there’s a problem to the player, somehow. I’m putting that on the list for the next build. Thanks for reporting!